Monday, January 14, 2013

What's next?

It's 2013.  Funny how just writing '13 behind the date now makes such a difference.  What's 2013?  It's the year my current job expires.  It's the year I've been aiming towards as the beginning of the "next chapter."  And now it's here, and for the first time in a long time, maybe ever, I don't know what's next.



I've always been the person who has a plan- always a step 2 to follow and lean on.  I don't have a step 2 right now.  Sure, I'm applying to jobs and I'm pretty confident I will land one before August.  That's not the issue.  I'm also pretty sure I'd like to keep working in the public sector.  I have clarity on that issue too.  What's a mystery is where?  Where do I want to live?  Where do I want to work?  Why is this decision so difficult?

I don't know what my life will look like this time next year.  It's both exciting and scary all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment